Shake and Bake Chicken Seasoning Recipe

Open up your spice cupboard things are about to get zesty. Do you love to make shake and bake chicken at home but are tired of the high cost that little seasoning package costs? Me too. There isn't much there for the price and it just never seems to go very far.

I went to make chicken one day and realized that the huge box of chicken seasoning that I had purchased was pretty much empty. With a family of 6 it simply does not last so I decided that I was talented enough to make my own. What could it hurt to give it a try? 

Boy was I surprised what a wise move I was about to make. I started throwing things into a bowl (making sure I measured it all out so I could share the recipe (just in case it turned out). Well let me tell you that while I was making it that homemade shake and bake seasoning mix was smelling pretty darned good. Then once it was on the chicken and all baked up I couldn't believe how great it tasted. I am so glad I decided to create my own coating recipe because I will NEVER go back to purchasing those expensive little boxes again.

Here is my Not so Secret Seasoning Ingredients

1 1/2 cups fine bread crumbs
1/4 cup flour (I used brown flour but white also works fine.)
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp parsley
1 tsp seasoning salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp celery seed
1 tsp paprika

This recipe makes a ton of chicken. On this batch I did up 16 large thigh pieces and had tons of shake and bake to left to spare. So if you are making a smaller batch you may want to cut everything in half or store half of the seasoning away for later use.

Keep the Cows Happy
This Shake and Bake Recipe Works on Chicken and Pork

Step 1: Mix all ingredients in a bowl, bag, or lidded container large enough to put your chicken or pork in to be shaken.

Step 2: Roll your chicken or pork in the spices to cover each piece. You can shake 'em to coat them if you prefer.

Step 3: For added flavour: Before you bake it sprinkle more of the Shake n Bake seasoning on top of your pork or chicken.

Make a Difference by Buying Eggs & Meat of Happy Chickens
Well Treated Hens Make for the Healthiest Meat and Eggs


We should never forget that before we domesticated them chickens were free wild range birds. Providing a more natural environment for them is not that difficult and can make a tremendous difference in their quality of life. You can make a difference.

Ooooh it's the Secret KFC Chicken Seasoning Ingredients

Popular posts from this blog

Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole Recipe

Homemade Baby Food: Carrots, Sweet Potato, Peas

Homemade Pumpkin Pie Filling From Scratch