7 Layer Cream Cheese Dip Recipe

This 7 layer dip recipe is one that I have been making for so many years that I cannot even remember when I first discovered it. It has become one of my own special party buffet dishes and one that I am often requested to create.

There is always at least one function each year that I am asked (or should I say told) to bring this dip to. If I do not come through I discover there are a lot of upset people at the party looking to satisfy their craving for my dip. It's the abundance of flavor that takes this appetizer so unique.

The Dip (as we call it) is multi-functional and can be used with chips, breads, or virtually any variety of cracker. It's even good on its own. Personally I prefer my dip with Ritz Crackers or Wheat Thins while my husband enjoys his with Veggie Thins. Perhaps you have something different that you would like to try it with. I'm sure it will taste great with just about anything. It is so good the seven layer dip is almost a meal in itself.

Here Are Your Seven Ingredients:


1. Cream Cheese

2. Sour Cream

3. Mayonnaise

4. Seafood Sauce

5. Green Pepper

6. Tomatoes

7. Shredded Cheddar Cheese

And Directions for the Seven Layer Dip Recipe

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 cup (block) of softened cream cheese

1. Blend these first 3 ingredients together. Once the cream cheese is in smaller pieces you can use a hand mixer to help get rid of the chunks and make the base more smooth. Spread this onto the bottom of a cookie sheet or into a dish that doesn't have high sides.

2. Now spread this next ingredient on top of the first layer. 1-2 small bottles of a seafood sauce (I use mild).

3. Dice up the peppers and tomatoes (how many depends on how large you dice them and how many you would like to add to your recipe). Then sprinkle the diced vegetables over the last topping to create the next layer. 1-2 Green Peppers 1-3 Tomatoes

4. I grate my cheese on the fine part of the grater to make the cheese easier to scoop. The grated cheese I use is marble, but you can use cheddar, mozza, you name it!

5. Spread the cheese on top of the peppers and tomatoes, and VOILA! You are done your masterpiece of a 7 layer dip!​It is a Fabulous Party Appetizer

Kids birthdays, get together with friends, sporting events, you name it! This seven layer dip will go great at any party you have. Whenever company shows up is the ideal time for this appetizer to make its appearance. There are so many layers of flavour to it that it is a dish that will keep everyone coming back for more.

The sweetest part of this recipe is that all you have to do to create a new taste sensation is to choose a different cracker (or ripple chip). Every bite of this award winning appetizer is unique. So what are you waiting for? Try some and let me know exactly what you think of this recipe.

Popular posts from this blog

Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole Recipe

Homemade Baby Food: Carrots, Sweet Potato, Peas

Homemade Pumpkin Pie Filling From Scratch