Fall Off The Bone Pork Rib Recipe

I don't know how I lucked out but the first time I made ribs in the oven they turned out absolutely perfect! 

I couldn't have ordered a more moist rack of pork ribs if I went to a restaurant that specialized in this dish. They were tender moist and absolutely positively finger licking good delicious. My good fortune is also yours because I now have the opportunity to share my recipe here. For spices I used my special homemade pork seasoning. I then did a little dabbling to the ingredients and came up with a delicious dry rib rub that worked ideally in this recipe (and yes I will be sharing those ingredients here).
First we prepare the dry pork seasoning rub. This is the recipe I use.
This truly is a finger licking good meal and a bit of an added bonus is that my seasoning recipe has multiple purposes. It tastes great on virtually any cut of pork as well as on some cuts of beef. Make a large batch like I do and you can store some for future use.

1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/8 cup cayenne pepper
1/8 cup coarse black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder

I usually make more than what the 1 or 2 racks of rib need (often I will even double the recipe) then store it in a plastic bag ready for me to use the next time I am cooking pork chops or ribs. This is just a little time saver and I am sure that you know exactly how important those few extra minutes can sometimes be.

Feel free to play around with the spices you use or to marinate your pork chops if that is what you prefer.The last time I made this rub I added to the recipe approx. 1/8 cup onion powder and 1/8 cup ground mustard and the result was amazing. I didn't think this seasoning recipe could get any better but I was clearly wrong in that assumption.

Let's get those ribs ready for the oven. You need to strip the tough membrane from the back of your ribs. Here is how you do that.

Okay now let's get those ribs seasoned. Lay your ribs out onto a layer of tin foil that is large enough to be used to wrap them. I use 2 layers of tinfoil on mine and curl the edges to keep the juices inside. Using tin foil will also make for super easy clean up after your dinner is cooked. You will need to make sure that you have sealed your ribs in the tinfoil to lock in the moisture.


The secret to having meat that is tender enough to fall off the bone is to cook your meat slowly in its own juices.

1. Strip The Membrane. 
2. Cover, Rub, Flip, Repeat 
3. Mine are now ready to be wrapped for the oven. Wrap it up nice and snug to lock in those wonderful juices. 

4. Ready to go into the oven. 
5. Just pulled out of the oven and steaming hot. This truly is a meal fit for a king or a queen.


In the above picture I had just pulled these out of the oven and cut it open so if you look closely you can see the steam rising up from those fabulous baby back ribs. You can also see how the juice remains even after cooking.

There is a thin line between moist, slow roasted ribs, and a sticky dry mess. To make sure you have the perfect fall-off-the-bone ribs you need to make sure you don't cook your meat on too high of a temperature.

Even if you have your pork ribs on a low temperature it is still possible to over cook them if you are not careful. Some ovens run hotter than others so you do need to make sure you have the temperature and cooking time combination just right.

My oven cooks more to the warm side of a normal oven so I preheat it to 225 then cook my ribs for about 4 hours. When I open the tinfoil the smell almost sends my family into a frenzy. When I serve the meat, the bones pull right out and all that is left is the seasoned pork cooked to perfection.

Eating on a budget? Did you know that you can feed 3 adults, 3 teenagers, one 10 year old, and two 9 year olds a delicious rib dinner for under $30? My friend (a single mother of 4) and I decided to get together and have a nice dinner with my husband and all of our children. We both have 4 children and although the teens are quite large eaters this meal still turned out amazing. 

There was plenty of food for everyone to eat. I made 2 racks of ribs, slow cooked them in the oven (as I always do), cooked up some brown rice, and made a wonderful caesar salad. Everyone left the table full and satisfied and our pocket books still had some cha-ching left in them.

Popular posts from this blog

Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole Recipe

Homemade Baby Food: Carrots, Sweet Potato, Peas

Homemade Pumpkin Pie Filling From Scratch