Pregnant Zombie Halloween Costume

Being pregnant and having that beautiful pregnancy belly is always an exciting time but when it comes around to Halloween it can be even more exciting! 

I love zombies so this women's zombie baby Halloween costume suited me perfectly. There are so many costumes to choose from but there are only a select few where you can use your belly very well to incorporate it into your Halloween costume idea. 

I will give step by step directions for how I transformed my baby belly into a gruesome "Zombie Labour" (that is what I called my costume) so you can get the look of the undead too. You can also include other family members into your plans as well. I infected my husband and one of my children so they could be part of my zombie theme with me. Perhaps this gruesome gory costume for the pregnant woman might be just right for you too.


My cat Sheldon is included in a few pictures because he considers himself an important part of our family and if something is going on in our home then he has just got to insure that he is included.

Now let's get into costume. First you need to find an under layer to attach your Zombie Baby to. Next you will need a top layer for your Zombie costume. The first image above shows the shirt I chose for this.

Now it is time to set the scene for your costume. Because I wanted to portray a hospital patient I chose to wear a nighty which is worn over the t-shirt. I am in the hospital in labor when the zombie apocalypse happens. I am possibly there being induced in the hopes that I would have a better chance of survival. That is my scenario but you can choose any theme you desire and create your costume from the maternity clothing of your preference.

This is Where the Zombie Baby Comes Into the Picture. You Will Need to Find Yourself a Poor Unsuspecting Doll to Transform. Hmmm, this looks like a good specimen but any typical baby doll will work for this operation.


1. Take your baby apart. Arms and legs off but leave the head attached to the torso.


2. You will need duct tape and a very sharp pair of cutting tools for this next part. I found that hedge trimmers worked best. Cut each of the body parts so they will spread and be able to lay flat to be taped down onto your bottom layer of clothing.

Warning: Things are Going to Get a Little Gruesome in a Minute

3. This is where your duct tape will come into the operation. Place your zombie baby on the under layer or body part by taping each limb one at a time. If you have a heavy duty stapler you could possibly staple the baby onto your under shirt as well. I am highly allergic to all metals so this option was not a good one for me. I would have broken out in a massive rash that would have eaten some layers of skin off my person. I like zombies but I really don't want to go that far in creating my Halloween costume. I kind of like my skin and want to keep it attached to my body.​


4. Cut holes into your top layer of clothing so that the Baby can pop out. Be sure to cut the holes where the head and limbs will go.

5. Now that baby is attached it is time to bloody things up a bit. For the clothing you will need a jug or tube of blood. Your zombie baby will need red cream make up to make it look like it is bloody because the liquid blood will not stick to the plastic. You will also need some cream make up to apply to your face as well. It will give you a pale zombie-ish appearance. Note that you will have to allow your zombie baby ample time to dry after his / her blood bath before putting it back into the second layer of clothing.

6. Once the now very bloody baby is completely dry put your top layer (nightie) carefully over the zombie baby so its parts are peeking out.

Now infect some of your family members so they will also be included into your new zombie family group. My husband became a zombie doctor and my daughter his zombie nurse. Not only did I managed to infect 3 of my family members but also managed to include our daughter to be in this gruesome Halloween theme. You could say that is how you make a virus costume go viral.

Popular posts from this blog

Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole Recipe

Homemade Baby Food: Carrots, Sweet Potato, Peas

Homemade Pumpkin Pie Filling From Scratch