World's Best Meatloaf Recipe

I have been told that my meatloaf is the worlds best meatloaf by my friends and family. Friends who have stopped by for supper rave on how different my version of this dinner meal is compared to other recipes. 

The kids especially get excited when I say that I will be making meatloaf for dinner. They don't care for a lot of things that are made with hamburger but this meal in particular goes over so well that my children even come back for seconds. Another added benefit to a hamburger recipe is that it is generally economical and easy to prepare so after many requests for the recipe I have decided to share my secret formula with you. I hope that you enjoy this meal as much at your home as everyone does in mine.

Recipe for my Deliciously Different Meatloaf

1 lb hamburger
1 onion
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 egg
seasoning salt (organic is great!)
pepper
Italian seasoning
Montreal steak spice
garlic powder (or a couple of cloves fresh garlic)
1/2 cup milk
1-2 cups shredded (or cubed) cheddar cheese
Squirt of mustard and barbecue sauce.

Mix all of the ingredients together and place in a baking dish. Put a liberal layer of barbecue sauce on the top of it and place it in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.


Each Day One of My Kids Act as Special Helper in the Kitchen

With 4 kids who want to help out it can get pretty busy in my kitchen so I decided to arrange a schedule so each one becomes the daily helper in a revolving rotation. It helps keeps the traffic underfoot while cooking to a minimum.

It's also always nice to have a little helper and who better to be helping with the making of meatloaf than one of the kids. They love playing in the ground beef mixture while it squishes through their fingers.

Best part of our arrangement though is the fact that I don't have to put my hands into the ooshy gooshy fixings for our evening meal. Even though I don't mind doing the job, it is just a little trick I learned from my mom who never really cared to touch raw meat.

Go Ahead and Fancy up that Meatloaf!

There are a ton of options that you can always add to your meatloaf such as: Onions, other cheeses, bacon. Some people have even been known to ground up broccoli, carrots and other veggies into theirs so that they can sneak vegetables into their children without them being the wiser. 

Generally where ground beef is concerned the only rule is that there are no rules. You can create a thousand and one recipes with it. Anything goes and virtually everything works.

Popular posts from this blog

Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole Recipe

Homemade Baby Food: Carrots, Sweet Potato, Peas

Homemade Pumpkin Pie Filling From Scratch